Key points we think you should know
Please also read full terms to ensure you understand the agreement.
– You need to remain signed up to our cover in order to benefit from the extension on your guarantee.
– You need to ensure you allow us to service your boiler annually or your guarantee would expire.
– Our guarantee does not cover a replacement boiler, only parts and labor with a £0 excess.
– We do not cover accidental damage.
– We do not cover any appliances.
– We do not cover designer or cast iron radiators. A replacement will be made with a Stelrad Softline style radiator.
– We do not cover accidental damage,damaged caused due to the structure of your building or damage caused due to environmental and/or weather-related factors.
– You are unable to make a claim until 28 days have passed after signing up.
– For exclusions please read sections 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Full terms & conditions
1. PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will provide breakdown cover for private domestic gas central heating and hot water systems subject to the level selected by the customer. 1.1. Service Plus 1.2 Complete Care
2. PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS Remains valid until termination by THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD or the customer, 28 days notice in writing is required for any cancellation by either side. In writing also applies to email correspondence, to which the customer can email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. COVER PLAN AND PAYMENT 4.1. Payment should be made by a payment method offered by THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD Ltd. 4.2. The Cover plan remains valid as long as payment is continued and remains subject to termination by appropriate notice from THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD or the customer (see condition 3). 4.3. The Acceptance of a Complete Cover by a new customer onto an THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD cover plan does not imply that the system is installed to the relevant standards and THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will not accept any responsibility for any inadequacy arising from the original design or installation, and so makes no warranty as to fitness for purpose or condition. If a system is incorrectly installed or unfit for use THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD reserves the right to terminate your contract. 4.4. A cover plan is specific to the boiler installed in the property at the commencement of the Plan. Should the boiler be changed during the term of the contract, THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD must be informed immediately in writing. 4.5. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD reserve the right to terminate any cover plan, in this instance, without reimbursement of payment. Should a breakdown / repair / service be required on a boiler that has been changed since the commencement of the Plan without notification to THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD, THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD reserves the right to charge for any call-outs at THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD standard rates. 4.6. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD shall not be liable to fulfil its obligations under your cover plan if subject to industrial dispute or Force Majeure. 4.7. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD may not be held responsible for any delay in provision of spare parts by suppliers and thus no compensation is payable should this occur. 4.8. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD may supply and fit replacement parts and components which are adequate but not the same as defective parts. 4.9. Change of Ownership of Dwelling if ownership of dwelling changes the new owner of the dwelling shall retain the benefit of a cover plan so long as payments due are maintained. Refunds will not be available however for the unexpired part of cover plan term. 4.10 Prices may adjust to account for inflationary changes in operating costs. Inflation adjustments will be calculated based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) or any other relevant inflation index as determined by THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY. Customers who do not wish to continue with their cover plans due to the inflation-adjusted prices have the right to cancel their plans without incurring any cancellation fees.
REPLACEMENT PARTS AND COMPONENTS Will only be fitted where old ones are beyond reasonable repair. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will be the sole arbiter as to the condition of components.This also relates to radiators which will only be replaced should THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD deem unfit for use and in need of replacement.
4. NOISY BOILERS 5.1. As boilers become older, for various reasons they may become noisy. Where age is the sole reason for noise THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD do not consider this a fault and it is not covered under the cover plan. 5.2. A charge will be made for any recurring callouts relating to noisy systems, chargeable at THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD current standard & weekend rates.
6. ACCESS THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD shall not be responsible for any repairs to which reasonable access cannot be gained and shall not be responsible for replacing floorboards,cupboards, carpets and decorations etc. which may require removal for access.
7. BOILER SERVICING 7.1. The service will usually be carried out Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will not be obliged to carry out a service outside of this period as breakdown calls will be given priority. THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will not be held responsible for missed appointments by the customer and reserve the right to charge a standard rate if an appointment is missed.
8. EXCLUSION PERIOD There is a 28 day exclusion period for any call-outs starting from the initial sign up date. If a customer renews before the expiry of the cover plan, the exclusion period does not apply after the first year of cover.
9. STANDARD EXCLUSIONS 9.1 THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD will not be held responsible for consequential damage or loss occurring as a result of a defect in the central heating system unless attributable to the negligence of THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD. 9.2 If attributable to the negligence of THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD, notification must be given in writing with full details within fourteen days of the incident. 9.3. Any damage due to the failure of water, gas or electricity supply. 9.4. Any work including de-scaling that may arise due to hard water scale deposits or aggressive water supply. 9.5. Mechanical breakdowns due to sludge build-up within the system. Removal of products of corrosion from within the system. 9.6. Should the heat exchanger or heat bank fail, this will deem the boiler to be beyond economical repair. 9.7. Any damage or defect caused by lightning, explosion, flood, storm, tempest, fire, impact or other extraneous causes. Any defect caused through negligence, misuse, third party interference or malicious or wilful actions. 9.8. Any adjustment of time and temperature controls, bleeding radiators or pressurising sealed systems and relighting pilot lights. 9.9. The fabric of the building and any pipework including flues buried in it. 9.10. Any building work for the investigation of faults and/or following repair. 9.11. Any faults present at the time of signing up as a member. Any call-outs deemed to have been pre-existing to the commencement date of the cover plan and within the first three months of the cover plan will not be covered and may incur a charge for the call-out and any parts required, at the current THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD rates, variable to the day and time of the call-out. 9.12. Replacement of flues. The replacement of decorative parts. Consumables (e.g.. batteries, filters, seals, gaskets, inhibitor, fuses, oil nozzles and igniter’s). 9.13. Heating appliances such as kick space heaters, fan assisted radiators, towel rails, designer radiators e.g. column radiators, school radiators, dual fuel kits, immersion heaters, primatic cylinders, custom made cylinders, unvented cylinders and thermal stores, underfloor heating systems and/or specialist heating. Radiants and glass fronts on back boiler fires. 9.14. Cylinders with a volume greater than 40 gallons or 182 litres and boilers with a heat output greater than 42 kilowatts and pipework greater than 28mm diameter. 9.15. Removing asbestos associated with repairing the central heating appliance/system. When you have had any asbestos removed, you must give us a clean-air certificate before we will do any further work at your property. By Law, the person who removes the asbestos must give you a clean-air certificate. 9.16. Commencing and/or continuing services where we reasonably consider that there is a Health and Safety risk including; the presence of hazardous materials; infestations; or harassment of our personnel including verbal or physical abuse. We will not recommence work until the Health and Safety risk has been rectified to our satisfaction. 9.17. Domestic water supply from the hot water cylinder or boiler outlet to and including taps and washers. 9.18. Any and all electrical work relating to the boiler installation.
10. EXCLUSIONS RELATING TO PLUMBING PIPEWORK 10.1 Plumbing appliances including toilets, sinks as well as showers and their parts, shower pumps, sanitary ware, spa baths, seals and grouting. 10.2 Any parts that are designed to boost your mains water pressure. 10.3 Water softeners, water filters and waste disposal units and taps that deliver, boiling or filtered water. 10.4 Swimming pools, fountains, ponds or water features, garden irrigation systems, free standing garden taps and the water pipes running to or from them. 10.5 Rainwater pipes and guttering. 10.5 Frozen pipes that need defrosting and other issues relating to weather. 10.6 Any water supply pipe that doesn’t supply your home. 10.7 Water meters 10.8 Damage caused by limescale, sludge or external debris. 10.9 Plumbing in your outbuildings. 10.10 Accidental damage.
11. EXCLUSIONS RELATING TO HEATING PIPEWORK 10.1 Fixing your showers, their parts and shower pumps, Repairing or replacing taps and all other appliances. 10.2 Any parts that are designed specifically for underfloor heating. 10.3 Repair or replacement of electrical elements in radiators. 10.4 Replacing your system inhibitor unless we’ve removed it. 10.5 Any part of your central heating which directly supplies a swimming pool. 10.6 Accidental damage.
12. EXCLUSIONS RELATING TO RADIATORS 11.1 Accidental damage. 11.2 A replacement for a designer or cast iron radiator. (Our radiators provided will be of the Stelrad Softline range, these will not be based on a like for like replacement, we will cover up to £150 retail value per radiator) 11.5 Only one radiator can be replaced every 6 months.
13. ADDITIONAL 2 YEAR GUARANTEE 13.1 This is only valid on boilers we have installed. 13.2 To benefit from this guarantee you must remain signed up to our Service Plus package or Complete Care package for the maximum duration of your original guarantee given by the manufacturer. 13.3 This does not cover a replacement boiler, only parts and labor relevant to repairing the boiler. 13.4 This is valid for 2 years after the expiry of your manufacturers guarantee so long as you remained signed up to the Service Plus or Complete Care package. 13.5 Missing payments. If the customer fails to provide THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD with a payment for more than 30 days may result in your guarantee being terminated with THE EDINBURGH BOILER COMPANY LTD.
Solar & Heat Pump Aftercare Terms & Conditions
1. Coverage Overview: “The Edinburgh Boiler Company” offers a comprehensive cover plan for Solar Panels and Heat Pumps, designed to provide peace of mind and protection against unexpected breakdowns and repairs.
2. Eligibility: The cover plan is available to residential and commercial customers within a specified service area.
3. Covered Equipment: a) Solar Panels: Photovoltaic panels used for generating solar energy. b) Heat Pumps: Air source, ground source, or hybrid heat pump systems.
4. Coverage Details: a) Repair and Replacement: The plan covers the cost of repairs or replacements necessary to restore the covered equipment’s functionality due to mechanical or electrical breakdowns. b) Labour and Parts: The plan includes the cost of labor and replacement parts required for repairs or replacements. c) Annual Maintenance: Regular maintenance is included to ensure optimal performance and prevent potential issues.
5. Exclusions: The cover does not extend to damages caused by neglect, misuse, unauthorized repairs, acts of nature, or any modifications made without prior approval from “The Edinburgh Boiler Company.”
6. Claim Process: a) Reporting: Customers must promptly report any equipment malfunction to “The Edinburgh Boiler Company.” b) Assessment: Upon receiving a claim, the company will dispatch a qualified technician for assessment and repair determination. c) Repairs: Repairs will be conducted promptly, subject to the availability of parts.
7. Plan Duration: The cover plan is available on an annual basis and can be renewed upon expiration.
8. Cancellation: Customers can cancel the cover plan within a specified cancellation period. Refunds will be subject to terms and conditions.
9. Pricing and Payment: Cover plan pricing will be provided upon inquiry. Payment options include annual upfront payment.
10. Limit of Liability: The liability of “The Edinburgh Boiler Company” is limited to the terms and conditions outlined in this agreement.
11. Termination: The company reserves the right to terminate the cover plan if the customer violates the terms or if the equipment’s condition is beyond repair.
12. Modifications: “The Edinburgh Boiler Company” reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of the cover plan, with reasonable notice to customers.
13. Governing Law: This agreement is subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which “The Edinburgh Boiler Company” operates.
14. Contact Information: For inquiries, claims, or assistance, customers can contact “The Edinburgh Boiler Company” through the provided contact information.